[alsa-devel] Intel HD: ALC662 noise-bug on FitPC2i

Bent Bisballe Nyeng deva at aasimon.org
Wed Dec 12 14:14:57 CET 2012

On 12/12/12 14:05, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Bent Bisballe Nyeng wrote:
>> When recording, audible clicking sounds are present in the resulting
>> audio data.
>>
>> The corruption are composed of approximately 10 samples, and the
>> nature of the corrupted values are such that they could come from an
>> earlier buffer (the corrupted data resemble wav forms).
>
> This looks like a problem with your HDA controller; either the memory
> bus is overloaded so that some writes are dropped, or the hardware is
> just buggy.
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

I tried to record some audio using windows 7 and here the noise was not
present indicating that it is not buggy hardware.

Also, the system was not under load when the arecord call was made so if
the memory bus was overloaded I need another way to verify this.

Are there any additional (useful) debugging info I can subtract from the
system that will help aiding the debugging process?

Kind regards
Bent Bisballe Nyeng