[alsa-devel] REGRESSION: Webcam mic for 145f:015b not longer working with 1.0.24 and above (OK with 1.0.23)

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 00:51:29 CEST 2012

On 29.08.2012 00:16, Kostas wrote:
> On 28/08/2012 12:55 μμ, Daniel Mack wrote:

>>> Alsamixer working casehttp://imagebin.org/226143
>>> Alsamixer non-working casehttp://imagebin.org/226142
>>>
>>> I also attach amixer output for both cases.
>>>
>> Both in the images and in the text output you seem to have missed
>> pointing amixer/alsamixer the correct device. alsamixer is also in the
>> playback pane, which doesn't exist for the Webcam.
>>
>> Try 'alsamixer -c1 -V capture'
>>
> I finally figured it out with amixer command
> non working version gives me this output
>
> kostas at kostas-home:~$ amixer -c1
> Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
> Â  Capabilities: cvolume cvolume-joined cswitch cswitch-joined penum
> Â  Capture channels: Mono
> Â  Limits: Capture 0 - 4096
> Â  Mono: Capture 2723 [66%] [10.63dB] [on]
>
> The working version gives this output
> kostas at kostas-home:~$ amixer -c1
> Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
>    Capabilities: cvolume cvolume-joined cswitch cswitch-joined penum
>    Capture channels: Mono
>    Limits: Capture 0 - 4096
>    Mono: Capture 4096 [100%] [16.00dB] [on]

Ok, thanks. In the given case, I have to ask you to do a git bisect.
That will point us to the commit that causes your problems. Sorry that I
can't help you any further right now, it's just unclear which commit in
the ancient history causes your problem.

See here for instructions on how to do that:

  https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-bisect.html
  http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Tools-Debugging-with-Git

Thanks for your help and patience,
Daniel