[alsa-devel] command 0x7e7 sent on STAC9200 / STAC9228

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Aug 16 14:03:39 CEST 2012

Hi Takashi,

While working with fixing the stuff that my automated test tool has
discovered, here's one I'm not sure what to do with.

If you run hda-emu on any of these three:

Hda-emu prints out:
invalid command: NID=0x1, verb=0x7e7, parm=0x0

In this case, I'm not sure if the command is invalid (and thus should be
removed), or if it's a secret IDT verb that we need to set.

 From patch_sigmatel.c:

	/* Configure GPIOx as CMOS */
	snd_hda_codec_write(codec, codec->afg, 0, 0x7e7, 0);

But in hda-spec.c this verb is only in the verb table of IDT codecs, not
STAC codecs.

Can you offer some enlightement?

David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.