[alsa-devel] Lockups reading from i.MX51 SSI registers

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Aug 10 21:50:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to use -next to test AC'97 register I/O on an i.MX51 board
but I'm seeing the CPU hang during probe at:

	lreg = (reg & 0x7f) <<  12 ;
	writel(lreg, base + SSI_SACADD);

in imx_ssi_ac97_read().  I'm somewhat suspicious this might be because
the IP block isn't clocked properly, I do notice the recent conversion
to the clock API which looks rather involved but it's possible something
else broke.  Does anyone have any bright ideas what might be going on
here?  The board doesn't have the reste functions defined so this is the
first interaction with the hardware block AFAICT.

Thanks,
Mark