[alsa-devel] Gitcompile for Kernel 3.2?

Brand, Mark (Mr) (Summerstrand Campus South) Mark.Brand at nmmu.ac.za
Tue Aug 7 12:24:54 CEST 2012

1000 apologies for my noob-ness, but I'm still not getting it.  I think I understand why it can't be expected to work as is, but I don't know how best to proceed.
> That is, prepare both alsa-driver-build.git and sound.git trees in the
> same directory.  Then run ./gitcompile without ALSAKERNELDIR.
Please help me understand what is meant by 'prepare'.  Does this refer to a make step, or copying files from the appropriate kernel source, or... ?  I haven't been able to clone sound.git either (I get "RPC failed - result=18" and 'protocol error: bad pack header', though alsa-driver-build clones just fine), so I'm assuming it's similar to kmirror.git?  If alsa-driver-build is specific to 3.6 (Is that what was implied?), then what modifications would typically be required?  And as stupid as this sounds, I'm not entirely sure I understand what is meant by "same directory"!  alsa-driver-build and sound next to each other, or sound inside alsa-driver-build?  Again, my profuse apologies for being the "weakest link"!  Thank you for your patience…