[alsa-devel] Gitcompile for Kernel 3.2?

Brand, Mark (Mr) (Summerstrand Campus South) Mark.Brand at nmmu.ac.za
Mon Aug 6 13:52:53 CEST 2012

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Could you try the following tree (or alsa-driver snpashot)?
>
>  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/alsa-driver.git
>  ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.gz

The git url couldn't be found (should I go with alsa-driver-build.git?), but I have pulled the tarball, thank you.  It wouldn't compile on my 3.2 lowlatency machine (with or without ALSAKERNELDIR set to 3.2.0-lowlatency source).  I'll carry it home and try on a vanilla 3.2 kernel tonight.  Would you mind clarifying for me: is it necessary to have kernel source on hand or not?

Thanks,
Mark Brand.