[alsa-devel] Clock generators in ASoC setups

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 22:50:13 CEST 2012

On 25.07.2012 12:52, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:18:24AM +0200, Daniel Mack wrote:
>
>> some board I'm working on feature chips (connected via I2C) that are in
>> charge of generating clocks for both the CPU DAI and the codecs.
>> Previously, I configured them manually in platform specific code, but I
>> wonder if there's a better, more generic way to get the job done,
>> especially with regards to DT driven boards?
>
> The problem here is that we don't have a usable clock API to work with.

Hmm, could you elaborate a bit about the background here? So the idea is
to have the clock framework that handles all system clocks also take
care for clocks related to audio?

What would such a framework need to accomplish, and what missing in -
for example - the common clock framework in that regard?

If there's a discussion thread about that topic, a pointer to that would
suffice.

Thanks,
Daniel