[alsa-devel] Alsa: USB Class 2 Audio soundcard device disappears suddenly

Joao Bonina bonina_2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 12:07:59 CEST 2012

>________________________________

Thanks for that suggestion, Alan.

I  used a cheap hub that I had stashed away. At the begining that seemed to solve the problem. But after a while, some clicks and pops became audible.

Disconnected it all for a while, and when I reconnected, the problem was back again with this message on mpd.log:

Aug 01 05:57 : output: "USB" [alsa] failed to play: No such device
Aug 01 05:57 : output: closed plugin=alsa name="USB"

This time, there's no EMI message in dmesg.

Still have to try copying files from one usb flash to another.

João Bonina