[alsa-devel] M-Audio FastTrack C400

Chris Cavey chris-alsa at rauros.net
Sun Apr 29 05:09:11 CEST 2012

I did some more digging on the mixer setup of the C400 using
usbmon+tcpdump+wireshark. I'm happy to provide binary captures if it helps.

I adjusted volume on each channel under and arrived at the following.
Best to consult the C400 manual for screenshots of the interface.

The values listed correspond to the wValue in the URB block. The wIndex
for all is 16385. Looks like two bytes for values.

Treat this as CSV in any editor and you'll see my table. Omitted numbers
are sequential based on the other numbers in the row. Out 1-6 are the
software returns, In 1-4 being the hardware inputs. The top row are the
6 outputs. For each output it would appears that the routed signal is
always manipulated in (stereo) pairs - ex. Adjusting volume on software
return 1 (Out 1) for Analog1/2 will adjust volume on 0x0100 AND 0x0101.

,A1-2 (1),A1-2 (2),A3-4 (3),A3-4 (4),SP (L),SP (R)
Out 1,0x0100,0x0101,,,,0x0105
Out 2,0x0106,0x0107,,,,0x010b
Out 3,0x010c,0x010d,,,,
Out 4,0x0112,0x0113,,,,0x0117
Out 5,0x0118,0x0119,,,,0x011d
Out 6,0x011e,0x011f,,,,0x0123
In 1,0x0124,0x0125,0x0126,0x0127,0x0128,0x0129
In 2,0x012a,0x12b,0x012c,0x012d,0x012e,0x012f
In 3,0x0130,0x0131,,,,0x0135
In 4,0x0136,0x0137,,,,0x013b

Also captured some sample rate adjustment values

wValue = 0x0100 (always)
wIndex = 33025

values in the data for the sample rates
0x00770100 => 96000