[alsa-devel] how to obtain hardware playback position after underrun?

Maarten de Boer maarten at resorama.com
Wed Apr 25 18:42:16 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to obtain the hardware playback position
after an underrun occured. When I have no underruns, I can simply keep
track of the time by counting the samples processed. (I am using
snd_pcm_mmap_commit). But in the unlucky event an underrun occurs, I
would like to know what the playback position would have been without
any underrun. Is this possible? I have been looking at the API docs,
and at the source code, but to no avail.

Thanks,

Maarten