[alsa-devel] "modprobe snd_hda_intel" crashes on my hardware

Abdelghani Ouchabane abdelghani at ezono.com
Wed Sep 28 14:51:26 CEST 2011

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:22:02 +0200,
> Abdelghani Ouchabane wrote:
>

>>> OK, it's good to hear.  So 3.1 kernel is fine as is.  Only 3.0 and
>>> earlier can get Oops with buggy BIOS setups.
>>>
>>> I can easily fix it up, but maybe better first stabilize 3.1 and make
>>> similar 3.0 stable patch.
>>>

>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Takashi
>>>

>> Do I need to contact the manufacturer of my board to fix the BIOS as
>> well, or it can be fixed by a patch?
>>

> The easiest way is to create a file and feed via "patch" option of
> snd-hda-intel module as Clemens suggested.

I have three systems with the same hardware and software,

in /proc/asound/card0/codec#2

system 1 : Subsystem Id: 0x7fafffdd
system 2 : Subsystem Id: 0xffffffff
system 3 : Subsystem Id: 0xff7f7fa3

Why the "Subsystem Id" is different between the three systems?

Is there a way to don't use it in :

[codec]
vendor-id subsystem-id address

If I set the right subsystem-id in
/lib/firmware/forgotten-ezono-hda-settings, the kernel doesn't crash and
the sound works perfectly.

I need one /lib/firmware/forgotten-ezono-hda-settings for all systems
and I can not get "Subsystem Id" before loading snd_hda_intel successfully

Any idea please?

Thanks,
Ghani