[alsa-devel] [PATCH v2 0/4] ASoC: twl6040: Gain ramp code cleanups
peter.ujfalusi at ti.com
Wed Sep 28 13:16:29 CEST 2011
Changes since v1:
- Loop counters cleaned, commented in patch 2
- Use cancel_delayed_work_sync to make sure that we do not have pending work,
or executing work when modifying the variables used by the ramp code.
- patches already taken left out.
Intro from v1:
the following series cleans up the gain ramp code found in the twl6040 codec
- use one workqueue for the twl6040 codec driver (instead of the original 3)
- Delays between the steps does not need to be different among the range.
I assume, that the original code contained copy-paste snippets from wm8350
for this part
- Cleanups for the DAPM_OUT_DRV_E event handler code.
- delayed_works moved within their corresponding struct.
The series has been generated on top of:
for-3.2 branch + ASoC: omap-mcpdm/twl6040: Offset cancellation series.
Side note: I have done this to better understand (while cleaning up the
twl6040 driver) the requirements for the ramp code, and to study the
possibility of adding support in the core for this (to handle the wm8350, and
twl6040 in a generic way later).
I'm still looking at the optimal implementation without ending up with too
Peter Ujfalusi (4):
ASoC: twl6040: One workqueue should be enough
ASoC: twl6040: correct loop counters for HS/HF ramp code
ASoC: twl6040: Shift 2 identifies the HS output in out_drv_event
ASoC: twl6040: Simplify code in out_drv_event for pending work check
sound/soc/codecs/twl6040.c | 68 +++++++++++++------------------------------
1 files changed, 21 insertions(+), 47 deletions(-)
More information about the Alsa-devel