[alsa-devel] Signaling user-space through kcontrol

Patrick Lai plai at codeaurora.org
Wed Sep 28 08:14:36 CEST 2011

Hi Mark,

The codec I am working on, beside headset detection, also have other
type of events to be propagated to user space. Per our discussion at
IPC, there is way to signal user-space through kcontrol. Is it through
calling snd_ctl_notify()? What is the ALSA library API to intercept the
event? Is there an sample user-space code which gets kcontrol event?

Thanks
Patrick