[alsa-devel] Adding ELD control to alsa-lib hdmi device

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Fri Sep 23 20:46:00 CEST 2011

Hi,
Now that I almost done with exposing a read-only ELD control for HDA/HDMI
outputs, I was wondering how to read it from user-land. PulseAudio and
others rely on the 'hdmi' device, and apparently I can't access this new ELD
control, I have to use the 'hw:x,y' details.
I really don't understand much to alsa-lib... Can I expose this new control
through the ALSA configuration files where the hdmi device is defined? Or is
there a way to infer the card and device number actually used by an alsa-lib
plugin? Or do I have to add code to propagate the information from
hardware-level to higher-level plugins?
Thanks for your feedback!
-Pierre