[alsa-devel] [RFC] Remove non-exist device and control from snd-ymfpci

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 04:03:59 CEST 2011

2011/9/19 Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de>:
> Raymond Yau wrote:
>> How about device 1 spdif since this card does not have spdif connector ?
> How could this be detected?
>> what is the difference of capture device 0 and device 3 ?
> The default device can mix lots of sources together; the AC'97 device is
> a direct input from the AC'97 codec.

ymf724f does not support I2S Zoom Video Input and my ymf724f sound
card does no have digital input

so the function of capture device 0 and device 1 of my ymf724f are the same

and it seem that they can used for recording concurrently and the
vumeter of two instances of arecord  change at the same time

arecord -vv -D hw:0,0 -f cd /dev/null

arecord -vv -D hw:0,3 -f cd /dev/null

Does this mean that it allow two duplex application at the same time
if it can be combined to 2 subdevices