[alsa-devel] link between HDMI ELD and PCM devices

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 21 01:12:42 CEST 2011

Hi,
I've been trying for some time to expose the HDMI ELD information in a
new control. The problem I am facing with the HDMI/HDA code is that the
ELD is linked to an output pin, and I can't find an elegant way to link
this output pin with a PCM device number to be used by my control. For a
single output, I could hard-code something but it would probably not
work with multiple monitors handled by recent hardware.
There is some existing code such as pin_nid_to_pin_index() in
patch_hdmi.c, but I can't figure out what this pin_idx is, and how to
find the related PCM device number.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
-Pierre