[alsa-devel] snd_pcm_pause kills plaback handle on OMAP4

john at johnandjuliet.com john at johnandjuliet.com
Wed Sep 14 20:13:22 CEST 2011

I'm trying to control the McBSP2 that is used for the modem in an
android environment (BLAZE OMAP4)

What I am trying to do is control the audio paths for capture and
playback seperatly like in a SIMPLEX (half duplex) instead of full
DUPLEX mode audio .. I also want to stop the audio without total
shutdown of the audio system.

From what I can see that would be to call snd_pcm_pause(handle,bool)

But here is what happens.  With the handle forthe plaback path
everything works OK... But if I call that then the capture path stops
working... even if I try to turn on (unpause) both paths.

This implies some sort of bug in the omap soc driver?

Any help on how to figure this out?

Thnkx

JBP