[alsa-devel] OSS emulation and hardware configuration

Mike Crowe drmikecrowe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 18:20:04 CEST 2011

Sean,

> Right, but if you're using the in-kernel OSS emulation, it bypasses
> the userspace ALSA-lib plug layer! You'll have to resample it in
> userspace within the OSS application, probably.
>
> Or, you can use osspd (sometimes referred to as ossp or oss-proxy):
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/osspd/

I had started to look at aoss.  Any thoughts on comparing the two?
Memory is tight, so I'm looking for the smallest memory footprint
possible.

Otherwise, thanks for all your comments.  Very helpful.  A next task
on my list was tackling mixing, and it sounds like removing OSS
Emulation and moving to one of the above is a better solution.

Thanks!
Mike