[alsa-devel] [pulseaudio-discuss] alsa ucm in pulseaudio

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Oct 17 13:03:19 CEST 2011

At Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:25:36 +0530,
Arun Raghavan wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 11:23 +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:32:06AM +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
> > > On 10/17/2011 09:14 AM, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> >
> > Arun, don't drop people from the CC list!
>
> Sorry 'bout that -- I did hit reply-all, but Evolution has a mind of its
> own sometimes.

Hrm, Cc list was screwed up in your mail...
Now fixed again manually.

> > > Maybe it would be better trying to merge my jack detection first, so
> > > that jack detection mechanism can then be adapted (if needed) to fit
> > > UCM's needs?
> > > And for the record, the jack detection upstreaming is currently waiting
> > > for Arun/Colin commenting or pushing my first jack detection patch.
> >
> > Hopefully we can get both merged, they're both needed and this is all
> > taking far too long :(  Given the deployment in Ubuntu and your active
> > work on it your jack detection patch seems like the way forward for the
> > jack detection.
>
> The intention is to get this stuff merged for 2.0 (which won't be
> anywhere near as long in the making as 1.0 was, don't worry :) )

> > > Since both I and Feng (and possibly Mark Brown as well? He was present
> > > at previous UDS) it might make sense to schedule a UDS session for this?
> > > People not present can listen through icecast streams and join in on IRC
> > > for commenting back, something I don't think is possible on LinuxCon
> > > (but I don't know for sure?).
> >
> > I'm not currently planning to attend UDS but I will be in Prague for
> > Kernel Summit, ELC-E and LinuxCon.
>
> Let's discuss this at Prague anyway, and we can continue to flesh things
> out over IRC/Icecast during UDS as David suggests.

A gstreamer / audio BoF is planned in Oct. 23, Sunday 17:00.
We can get an overview there, too.

Of course, another sound BoF can be taken later again spontaneously
during LinuxCon, e.g. for the detailed implementation discussion.

thanks,