[alsa-devel] [pulseaudio-discuss] alsa ucm in pulseaudio

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Oct 17 10:32:06 CEST 2011

On 10/17/2011 09:14 AM, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 13:18 +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:57:39PM +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
>>
>>> Have you had a look at the patches for UCM already posted several
>>> months ago, and that I spent quite some time reviewing? Or are you
>>> planning to start over from scratch?
>>
>> Yeah, what's the status on those?  There didn't seem to be any major
>> issues anyone was raising last time (from memory, I didn't check the
>> archives) and I'm not seeing any clear route to actually getting them
>> merged.
>
> I spoke to Colin after LPC and he pointed out that David had posted a
> bunch of review comments to Jorge's 3rd series. There was no follow-up
> to those, and things seem to be stuck there. It's not clear who's
> carrying that work forward, tbh, and there's some interesting things
> coming up in this thread.

Maybe it would be better trying to merge my jack detection first, so
that jack detection mechanism can then be adapted (if needed) to fit
UCM's needs?
And for the record, the jack detection upstreaming is currently waiting
for Arun/Colin commenting or pushing my first jack detection patch.

> I don't know if Feng Wei will be at Prague for ELCE/LinuxCon/GstConf,
> but perhaps this is something we can take up at one of the BoFs.

Since both I and Feng (and possibly Mark Brown as well? He was present
at previous UDS) it might make sense to schedule a UDS session for this?
People not present can listen through icecast streams and join in on IRC
for commenting back, something I don't think is possible on LinuxCon
(but I don't know for sure?).

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic