[alsa-devel] [pulseaudio-discuss] alsa ucm in pulseaudio

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Oct 14 12:00:54 CEST 2011

On 10/14/2011 11:39 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 10:57:08AM +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
>> As for ports, this again depends on what is mutually exclusive and
>> what could be used in parallel, I vaguely remember "Modifiers" as
>> something that could be used in parallel with existing streams, if
>> so, they need to be separate sinks/sources.
>
> Modifiers and Devices can both be used concurrently.

Could you elaborate on this, i e specify constraints for Devices and
Modifiers, if any? E g, would UCM allow for three active Devices and
four active Modifiers, all resulting in seven independent PCM streams
running concurrently? Or are there constraints in that e g all Devices
and/or Modifiers must share the same PCM stream?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic