[alsa-devel] Future of the HDA driver

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Oct 3 14:31:03 CEST 2011

At Mon, 03 Oct 2011 14:14:35 +0200,
David Henningsson wrote:

> On 10/03/2011 02:12 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 02:01:00PM +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
> >
> >> 1) I think it would make sense to have a designated time and room for a
> >> "future of HDA" discussion in Prague. We could e g discuss input jacks
> >> as kcontrols, and exposing routing to user space, as IIRC Mark Brown was
> >> suggestion earlier. What do you think?
> >
> > There's already an audio meeting of some kind scheduled I believe, is
> > there any need to have another discussion specifically for HDA?
>
> Yes, I believe so - I think the other meeting was more about GStreamer
> integration with lower layers? At least that's what I think the
> GStreamer people want to discuss. :-)

Well, we may hold a generic sound meeting including ASoC.  This is
what I originally thought of.  The topic HD-audio can be sorted there,
too, but I believe this is way too specific and better to be a
separate small meeting, as David suggested.

In addition, Gstreamer guys want a BoF, and this would be a different
topic, concentrated on gstreamer (although HD-audio is greatly
involved).  I haven't heard of the new about gstreamer BoF since the
last announcement, though.  I'm going to ping.

thanks,