[alsa-devel] Tests of the hda-jack branch

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue Nov 29 21:03:51 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 08:43:06PM +0100, David Henningsson wrote:

> What are your thoughts on how to proceed, when do you think this is
> ready to be merged into the topic/hda branch?

I'm still rather sad that this infrastructure is all totally separate to
the existing jack infrastructure, one of the goals of having common
infrastructure was to insulate drivers from having to deal with changes
in the APIs used for reporting and I certainly don't want to have to
have all the drivers individually reporting via all the APIs (especially
not with the multiswitch API coming along too).

I've not really reviewed the code beyond noticing that, I'd been waiting
for it to turn up on the list.