[alsa-devel] WM8974 on AT91SAM9263EK

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Thu Nov 24 14:49:43 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 02:45:10PM +0100, Matthias Wieloch wrote:

*Always* CC maintainers.

> After analysing with an oscilloscope I'm sure that I2C is working and that
> the codecs responses at least with ACK. But I couldn't see any changes on
> the SSC lines.
> So far I disabled all peripherals and GPIOs that use the same pins as SSC1.
> Looking at the register values the SSC peripheral seems not to be
> initialised although the application flow is similar to the AT91SAM9g20EK I
> based my code on.

I'd suggest contacting the Atmel folks about this.

> What I find strange is that the WM8974 codec does not provide a .set_sysclk
> function although most other codecs do. Do I have to call other functions to
> set up the SSC or rather where should these be set?

To repeat what I said to you on IRC the other day this is one of Liam's
old drivers and therefore uses set_clkdiv() instead of set_sysclk().

Also, have you set up an audio path to an output?  If there's no audio
path the system won't attempt to power anything up.