[alsa-devel] First test of the hda-jack branch

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Nov 17 17:39:45 CET 2011

At Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:32:07 +0100,
Takashi Iwai wrote:

> > In addition, I have a question about the second machine, which looks
> > like this:
> >
> > numid=45,iface=CARD,name='Front Headphone Jack'
> > numid=47,iface=CARD,name='Front Mic Jack'
> > numid=48,iface=CARD,name='Line Jack'
> > numid=41,iface=CARD,name='Line-Out Jack'
> > numid=42,iface=CARD,name='Line-Out Jack',index=1
> > numid=43,iface=CARD,name='Line-Out Jack',index=2
> > numid=44,iface=CARD,name='Line-Out Jack',index=3
> > numid=46,iface=CARD,name='Rear Mic Jack'
> >
> > Would it be possible to name the Line-Out Jacks "Front Line-Out",
> > "Surround Line-Out" etc, so one can tell which one is which? Or can you
> > always tell that just from the order of them?
>
> I can assign more intuitive names for the output, certainly.
> I'll consider the implementation.

I added more commits there for a bit better control names.
The function got messy and I'd need to rewrite sometime later, but
would like to complete the feature at first.

Note that along with the development, I had to rebase this branch so
that it can be merged easily to the latest tree.  Please be careful
when you pull to the existing branch.

thanks,