[alsa-devel] HDA Firmware file question

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Nov 17 10:37:32 CET 2011

Hi,

As seen in the "Early Patching" section of the "More notes on HD-Audio
driver" document, you're supposed to activate it like this:

options snd-hda-intel patch=on-board-patch,hdmi-patch

But how do we know the order here? The pci bus is probed in parallel
(right?) so could this be racy, that on every other boot, the hdmi card
is probed first instead?

Also, since the patch file specifies a [codec] section, you could
actually use the same patch file for almost all cases. I guess the case
of having two card instances with the same codec at the same address is
pretty unusual, right?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic