[alsa-devel] First test of the hda-jack branch

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Nov 11 21:08:47 CET 2011

On 11/11/2011 05:52 PM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:23:32 +0100,
> David Henningsson wrote:
>>
>> Hi Takashi,
>>
>> After having some troubles with the kernel scripts (on the Ubuntu side)
>> I've managed to try out your test/hda-jack branch. I'm attaching a patch
>> I had to apply to make the modules load properly.
>>
>> After having applied the attached patch, I get stuck at an OOPS, which I
>> don't have time to troubleshoot further today. I'm attaching the OOPS
>> log as well (alsa-info for the system I'm testing on is the same as I
>> sent you a few days ago).
>
> Thanks for testing!  I obviously didn't test the recent version :-<
> Try the patch below.

Thanks for the quick reply! With the below patch the card starts
successfully. I have now tested it on two machines and I'm using the
"amixer contents" command to see the current jack status.

The jack state seems to be correct except in one occasion: at startup
all jacks are "off", even though the machine was booted up with some
jacks inserted. After having inserted or removed at runtime, the jack
status is corrected.

In addition, I have a question about the second machine, which looks
like this:

numid=45,iface=CARD,name='Front Headphone Jack'
numid=47,iface=CARD,name='Front Mic Jack'
numid=48,iface=CARD,name='Line Jack'
numid=41,iface=CARD,name='Line-Out Jack'
numid=42,iface=CARD,name='Line-Out Jack',index=1
numid=43,iface=CARD,name='Line-Out Jack',index=2
numid=44,iface=CARD,name='Line-Out Jack',index=3
numid=46,iface=CARD,name='Rear Mic Jack'

Would it be possible to name the Line-Out Jacks "Front Line-Out",
"Surround Line-Out" etc, so one can tell which one is which? Or can you
always tell that just from the order of them?

The alsa-info from that machine is attached.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic