[alsa-devel] Playback and capture synchronization

anish kumar anish198519851985 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:57:28 CET 2011

> > Patrick Lai wrote:
> >> I have a use case requiring playback and capture starting at the same
> >> time. Latency between starting of playback and capture streams need to
> >> be less than few PCM samples. Base on my understanding on ALSA which
> >> does not have the concept of grouping multiple streams,

Is this use case for loopback?Right now i am doing loopback with two
terminals with one terminal running aplay and other arecord and before
running aplay and arecord we use couple of mixer controls to set the
paths but we want to do all this from user space i.e. ALSA UCM(use case
manager) & Android Audio Flinger.We are not using snd-aloop for
loopback.
After reading this thread looks like I need to implement support in
driver to trigger playback and capture at the same time using the api's
mentioned in this thread.
Is my understanding correct?Or am I completely off track here?
Kernel used is:3.0