[alsa-devel] OOPS: Vmaster not freed on reconfig

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Nov 8 17:16:56 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm playing around with the reconfig functions of snd-hda-codec and got
an OOPS in slave_put. I tried to research this, and I think I've nailed
down the problem: the vmaster is not freed on reconfig (presumably, it
should be fixed in hda_codec.c:snd_hda_ctls_clear).
I'm a little unsure of whether the best thing is to just add it to
codec.mixers, keep them in a separate array, or something else. What do
you think?

(It's on 3.0, it's a sigmatel/IDT, and I've got the screen captured by a
camera if anyone is interested.)

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic