[alsa-devel] Fix internal mic on Dell Vostro 3500

Julian Wollrath jwollrath at web.de
Tue Nov 8 11:24:02 CET 2011

Hello,

the internal mic of my Dell Vostro 3500 was not working with kernel v3.2-rc1
(and propably with none of the older kernels).

By choosing dell-s14 as the model I was able to get the internal mic working,
but now my externel mic jack was a second headphone out jack. So I looked at
the differences between the pin configurations of the auto model and the dell-
s14 model and found out, that setting the value of on 0x11 from default
0x400000f6 to 0x90a60160 was responsible for the working internal mic.

I attached a patch that fixes this problem but it has a flaw. Since I did not
know what value I have to put in the second argument of SND_PCI_QUIRK I put
0x0000 as dummy in there. It works for me but if anyone could give me a hint
on how to obtain, what I really have to put in there, I would be happy to fill
in the right value.

With best regards
Julian Wollrath