[alsa-devel] soc-dsp questions

Vinod Koul vinod.koul at linux.intel.com
Tue Nov 8 09:22:35 CET 2011

Hey Liam,

I had few questions on your dsp work, would be great if you could answer
them and help me in understanding the approach.

- Is it possible to have one FE connected to multiple BEs (voice FE to
modem and headset bBE), if so how?
- SND_SOC_DAI_LINK_OPT_HOST, what does this mean, does not seem to be
used anywhere in core?
- Why comment need dummy codec for some BEs like BT etc, when soc-core
has already one?
- any reason why be haves a number associated with a BE, than usual
convention of referring things by string name in asoc?

and last one, when would this be merged to mainline, 3.3?

--
~Vinod