[alsa-devel] Question regarding "Fix backport of WM8994 thermal warning" patch

Thomas Abraham thomas.abraham at linaro.org
Fri Nov 4 13:11:58 CET 2011

Hi Mark,

I have a question regarding "Fix backport of WM8994 thermal warning" patch.

I am trying sound on Exynos4 smdk board with the latest 3.1 kernel. In
the function "wm8994_codec_probe", the kernel crashes due to null
pointer when requesting "Thermal Warning" interrupt (line# 3183 of
sound/soc/codecs/wm8994.c file). wm8994->control_data is actually NULL
at this point.

I have not debugged this much but if there is something obvious I am
missing, could you please let me know.

Thanks,
Thomas.