[alsa-devel] Creative X-Fi Titanium HD ctxfi bugs 5378 5218 4868

Harry Butterworth heb1001 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 15:22:07 CEST 2011

Hello folks,

    I bought an X-Fi Titanium HD thinking it would work with the ctxfi
driver but it is a new card and has a few differences from the earlier
cards.  Creative technical support have been quite helpful in
answering my questions.  This email is a heads-up to let you know that
I'm doing some work on the driver.

    I'm not finished yet.  In particular the PLL initialization still
does not work reliably, the capture source selection is a bit broken
and one of the ADC chips is being driven out-of-spec when the card is
run at 192kHz.

    I have attached the current state of my changes which are enough
to get the Titanium HD card working but the patch shouldn't be applied
because my hack at the PLL code and a couple of other bits may break
existing cards.  I have been working against the ALSA 1.0.24 release
so this is a patch against 1.0.24.

    I'm waiting for creative to answer my questions about the PLL
initialization and correct setup for 196kHz operation.  Once I get the
answers I'll try to fix the issues and submit a cleaner patch.

    Comments on the current version are welcome.

Harry