[alsa-devel] HDA HDMI pin to converter mapping

Stephen Warren swarren at nvidia.com
Fri May 27 01:07:37 CEST 2011

Stephen Warren wrote at Thursday, May 26, 2011 11:45 AM:
> David Henningsson wrote at Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:52 AM:
> > So we're effectively breaking some of the older chips by changing the
> > PCM device from hw:X to hw:X,1 for a specific pin...?
>
> I don't believe the PCM device names would change for existing supported
> codecs.
>
> Specifically, the PCM names are:
>
> hw:${card},${codec_index}                    (1 converter)
>
> hw:${card},${codec_index}.${converter_index} (n converters)

Actually, I think I was confused here; looking at snd_hda_codec_build_pcms,
I think the naming is always flat, irrespective of how many converters
are within a codec:

hw:${card},${dev}

with dev being assigned in sequence 3,7,8,9 within an entire HDA bus,
which I think means within an entire HDA controller.

So, the naming scheme most likely won't change at all.

--
nvpublic