[alsa-devel] Driver debugging help: OSS emulation and different results
drmikecrowe at gmail.com
Thu May 26 02:22:11 CEST 2011
I know this is vague, and probably not worthy of this list. However, I'm
struggling with where to go next.
Here's the deal:
- I have an embedded system where we have developed the soc driver, and
it appears to be working fine
- We have a VoIP library we are integrating, and only have object files
and almost no support
- The VoIP library uses OSS interface with our hardware
- We validated our hardware using vrec/vplay, both OSS applications.
They record and play fine (as does the ALSA arecord/aplay as well)
- I have the output (playback) working on the VoIP library side, but the
recording is choppy (though seems to be at the right frequency now)
So, what I need to do next is try and understand how the library is opening
OSS differently from vrec/vplay. However, I'm not sure where to start.
Can somebody give me a high level pointer as to how to add some debugging
output to my system to capture what is different between these two sessions?
Where should I start?
More information about the Alsa-devel