[alsa-devel] OMAP3530 -- Only One Sound Card allowed for Power Suspension process?

Philip Chu Philip.Chu at logicpd.com
Tue May 24 19:48:30 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I have a crash with power suspend to RAM using following command:

echo mem > /sys/power/state

It shows following message and hangs up:

Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.02 seconds) done.
Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.01 seconds)

And I found out the place to cause this trouble is, I have two sound cards registered in my module init function through:

platform_device_alloc("soc-audio", -1); // Beagle board sound card
and platform_device_alloc("soc-audio", 0);  // my own sound card

or

platform_device_alloc("soc-audio", 0);
and platform_device_alloc("soc-audio", 1);

If I don't register the 2nd card or register the 2nd with another name, e.g., "soc-myaudio", it can pass power suspension, but it cannot be recognized by soc_driver in soc-core.c, which is using the name "soc-audio" .

Anybody knows how I can register two sound cards and still pass power suspension?

Philip Chu

principal software engineer
LogicPD www.logicpd.com
5 Clock Tower Place, Suite 215