[alsa-devel] A plea for help on mixer support for Fast Track Ultra (8R)

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Tue May 24 12:11:16 CEST 2011

Hi again,

Am 20.05.2011 17:08, schrieb Grant Diffey:
> I think there's something whacky with the control map. (I can't seem to send
> Ain5 to out 1 and 2 successfully. but I'll test this with felix's original
> code.

Grant, could you please try the attached patch. I haven't tested all 128
controls but it seems to work fine here. And while you're at it, could
you please try some other "outs" as well. My FTU is in a rack and I
can't easily access out 5-8.

> The Ain's are not capture volumes for this device
> There's 8 "analog ins" and 8 "software returns" (pcm channels) that are
> mixed to 8 outputs. all the input gain controls are physical or line +4db
> level balanced

That's true. I abused the term "Capture Volume" for my purely personal
interest, since it made navigating through the controls easier in
alsamixer and alsamixer-qt4. So, Daniel and Takashi, please feel free to
change the names  to whatever you think is more appropriate.

Kind regards,

Felix