[alsa-devel] Regression post-ALSA 1.0.22 for Lenovo G555 Internal mic

Roo - Andrew Baines andrewmbaines at gmail.com
Mon May 23 17:58:39 CEST 2011

Dear All,

I have been told I should send an email to this list from this

There is a regression in ALSA 1.0.23 and above for Lenovo sound. The
internal mic no longer works. A helpful guy 'Raymond' on the bug identified
that pin-ctls is correct in ALSA 1.0.21 and 1.0.22, but incorrect in higher
versions due to SND_PCI_QUIRK_VENDOR. This is based on alsa-info.sh run on
systems using different versions of ALSA but on the same system.

The jacksense has never actually worked but I have always managed to use
hda-verb to do this for me - the main issue is the regression with the
internal mic.