[alsa-devel] ALSA and MediaController

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon May 23 17:00:11 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 01:39:08PM +0800, Raymond Yau wrote:
> 2011/5/21 Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>:

I see you've ignored my remarks about CCing people and managed to cut
that text without also deleting other unneeded context; please do CC
people, it is actually important if you want people to engage in
discussion.

> But snd_jack API seem does not has any definition for "Line In" - Blue jacks ?

I don't see any substantial issue with adding such a definition if
someone has use for it?

> The jack retasking is performed by snd_hda_sequence_write_cache(codec,
> chmode[mode].sequence) in snd_hda_ch_mode_put() for some HDA codecs

I'm not sure what the point you're trying to make here is - the
internals of individual drivers shouldn't be too relevant to external
interfaces?