[alsa-devel] UCM files for tegra-wm8903 on seaboard

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Thu May 19 21:22:22 CEST 2011

>> 2) In the ChromeOS kernel, there's a separate PCM for playback to WM8903
>> and playback to the SPDIF controller, and hence on to HDMI. Since these
>> use different values for PlaybackPCM, I defined separate use-cases for
>> analog and HDMI/SPDIF playback. Is this the typical way of splitting
>> things up, or would one typically have a unified use-case with the
>> PlaybackPCM Value being part of the SectionDevice?
>
> If the use case is the same, e.g. "Music", I would just add them as different Music devices and have a PlaybackPCM for each of them.

Looks like Stephen and I share the same questions.
If we have a single "Music" use case with multiple PCM playback
devices (in the ALSA sense hw:x,y) listed the same file, how would one
specify that for example the UCM headphone or speaker devices are
valid only for the WM8903 output?
I am struggling a bit to link Devices as defined by UCM (headset,
earpiece, etc) and Devices as defined by ALSA...for example I am not
sure what the cdev statement means in the device definition.
Confused...
-Pierre