[alsa-devel] A plea for help on mixer support for Fast Track Ultra (8R)

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Thu May 19 10:14:26 CEST 2011

Please, Clemens, Daniel and Takashi.

Every single one of you knows at least one way of doing it correctly. I
don't.

I don't understand most of your suggestions, I don't understand the
whole quirk framework. I'm just a layman who knows one way of making the
FTU mixer work which would break others (just by calling
snd_usb_create_mixer() too many times).

The "blueprint patch" I've send is very small. It's just three
functions, one of them is very simple the others are almost identical to
already present functions.

So please, couldn't someone fill the gap between what I have found and a
proper implementation? As I see it, you might easily spend the same
amount of time explaining to me how it should be done or why my next
proposed patch (which would probably take at least a couple of weeks) is
not acceptable and so on. But this would probably run for weeks or even
months.

Please, help.

Thanks,

Felix