[alsa-devel] aplay throws error

Lu Guanqun guanqun.lu at intel.com
Sat May 7 16:29:34 CEST 2011

On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 03:27:03PM +0800, preetam wrote:
> Hai,
>
> My aplay throws the following error:
>
> Playing WAVE 'Linkin Park - New divide.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little
> Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
> aplay: aplay.c:1029: set_params: Assertion `err >= 0' failed.

Hi,

What's your version of alsa-utils?
I don't see the assert(err >= 0) on line 1029 on the latest repository
code.

Well, if this utilizes your newly written driver, I would suggest you
insert some logs in your hw_params callback in driver. It might actually
be your driver's mis-behavour.

I'm not an expert on alsa, so it's just my 2 cents...

> Aborted by signal Aborted...
>

> I am using a pandaboard. Kernel is 2.6.35 from omap tree L27.11.1.
>
> I am new to alsa and I have written an soc driver for this.
> can anyone help me.
>
> I can only trace the function calls to alloca. I am blank from here on.
>
> Regards,
> Preetam

guanqun