[alsa-devel] Multistreaming Playback using Front Panel Headphone with realtek codec

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sat May 7 05:48:19 CEST 2011

2011/5/6 Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de>

> > Use "Independent HP" just because patch_via.c already used it so it is
> > better to use a standard name for all hda codecs
> Yeah, I know.  But this name is confusing, so better to change in
> patch_via.c as well.
> Takashi

To force pulseaudio to get the correct subdevice for via codec, you may need
to add "subdevice 0" to HDA-intel.conf

since subdevice 0 support multichannel but subdevice 1 only support stereo

    playback.pcm {
        type softvol
        slave.pcm {
            type hw
            card $CARD
+          subdevice 0
        control {
            name "PCM Playback Volume"
            card $CARD

HDA-Intel.pcm.surround40.0 cards.HDA-Intel.pcm.front.0
HDA-Intel.pcm.surround51.0 cards.HDA-Intel.pcm.front.0
HDA-Intel.pcm.surround71.0 cards.HDA-Intel.pcm.front.0