[alsa-devel] snd_pcm_avail_update() returning large values

Baek Chang baeksan at ccrma.stanford.edu
Fri May 6 02:37:56 CEST 2011

Hi,

Occasionally, when using pulseaudio I see the following message:

snd_pcm_avail_update() returned a value that is exceptionally large.

This seems to be an issue with the ALSA driver itself.  My question is how
does snd_pcm_avail_update(), get updated? It uses hw buffer positions
correct?  Is there an example driver that implements snd_pcm_avail_update()
correctly and updates buffer positions correctly?

Thanks
Baek