[alsa-devel] ASoC legacy i2c client driver probing issue

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Wed May 4 12:38:05 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 10:25:41AM +0530, rajeev wrote:
> On 5/2/2011 11:48 PM, Feng Ye wrote:

Please always CC maintainers on mails, and fix your MUA to word wrap
within paragraphs so your mails are legible.  I've reflowed your text.

> > I use kernel version 2.6.27, and wm8750 external codec. The wm8750.c

Version 2.6.27 is extremely old, none of these issues exist in current
kernels.

> > In our i2c bus driver, we used i2c_register_board_info() with a
> > static i2c_board_info structure. And then i2c_add_numbered_adapter()
> > is called.

With these very old kernels you shouldn't do this.  With modern kernels
you can register the I2C devices normally.