[alsa-devel] ASoC legacy i2c client driver probing issue

Feng Ye fye at broadcom.com
Mon May 2 20:18:19 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have a legacy i2c client driver probing issue.
I use kernel version 2.6.27, and wm8750 external codec. The wm8750.c in sound/soc/codecs has a legacy i2c interface (e.g. use attach_adapter() callback). The callback just calls to i2c_probe(). Inside i2c_probe() it checks if the i2c address already been used, and fails there.

In our i2c bus driver, we used i2c_register_board_info() with a static i2c_board_info structure. And then i2c_add_numbered_adapter() is called.