[alsa-devel] 2.6.38.4 broke my audio

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon May 2 10:49:23 CEST 2011

At Sun, 1 May 2011 18:19:16 +0700,
Emmanuel Benisty wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> > At Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:25:08 +0100,
> > Andrew Clayton wrote:

> >> OK, so I guess the bit in the distribution that saves and restores
> >> mixer settings at shutdown/startup needs updating to take this new
> >> mixer into account? as the speaker mixer is always muted at startup
> >> now.
> >
> > Right, it's the user-space stuff.  The recent alsactl should do it
> > right (adjust to the certain level for new control elements), I
> > thought.
> >
> > Anyway, I'm inclined to revert the change once after figuring out
> > what caused the issue on Emmanuel's machine.
>
> Hi Takashi,
>
> Sorry for the few days of silence. Attached is the output from your
> latest patch with the debug patch.
>
> Just one more thing (in case it may help), the output is not really
> muted, there are some very short sounds/plops randomly appearing
> between periods of silence when playing a file.

Hrm, the alsa-info output still shows the unexpected pin-cfg setup.
But, this is a slightly different topic from the other mixer issues,
so let's keep tracking this in another thread.

Meanwhile, I reverted the affecting commit now and merged to sound git
tree.  It'll be included in the next pull request for 2.6.39-rc.

thanks,