[alsa-devel] Query - ASoC headphone detection stereo vs. mono

Patrick Lai plai at codeaurora.org
Thu Mar 31 20:28:18 CEST 2011

I would like to get a better understanding on how to propagate channel
mode of inserted headphone through soc-jack framework? I looked at
jack.h and I don't see any definition of channel mode. I would assume
that user-space needs this information in order to set up the path in
the audio CODEC properly such as mixing stereo content into mono stream
inside CODEC. How is use case handled on other platform?

Thanks
Patrick