[alsa-devel] Question about your DSP topic branch

Patrick Lai plai at codeaurora.org
Thu Mar 31 08:40:27 CEST 2011

Hi Liam/Mark,

In the back-end platform driver, routing table and array of widgets are
defined to describe interconnection of front-end and back-end. Instead
of defining FE and BE as AIF pin using SND_SOC_DAPM_AIF_IN/OUT macros,
I would like to use SND_SOC_DAPM_AIF_IN_E/OUT_E macros. Essentially, I
want to register event handler to jump start routing in the DSP for a
newly activated FE under multiple streams to single HW path scenario. At
this time, BE is already activated so I need other mechanism to jump
start routing. I could put the logic in my front-end CPU DAI driver.
However, I feel that path setup should be handled by DAPM/DSP framework.
Hence, I am looking for a good place to trigger calling of event handler
in soc-dapm.c/soc-dsp.c. Any suggestion?

Thanks
Patrick