[alsa-devel] Loud pops from Intel HDA onboard sound, may damage speakers (fwd)

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Thu Mar 24 23:41:47 CET 2011

Hi Takashi and all,

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>> Does this happen with 2.6.38 kernel, too?
>>
>> I have not tried yet, do you have reason to think it may have changed
>> since 2.6.32?
>
> Lots of changes since 2.6.32.  I won't be surprised if any of them hits.
>
>> Can I build just the sound driver without replacing the whole kernel?
>
> You can try alsa-driver tarball.

Unfortunately, I can confirm that stock 2.6.38 does NOT resolve the pops
on suspend and resume.

I was able to build a driver from the alsa-driver tarball, but it refused
to load on the Ubuntu 2.6.32 kernel due to unresolved symbols for reasons
unknown.

Cheers, Chris.
--
\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |